Friday, July 13, 2012

Back In the Saddle Again

A year later I return

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

the boys

 I have changed my line of thinking on the project for the boys.........somewhat.  I am thinking small size - like toddler because a lot of the fabric I have for boy stuff is seersucker - which washes and wears great.  Would be easy to rinse out and could be worn as pants or sleepwear.  If I have a pattern for toddler pj's - I might make one set.  Most of my boy fabric is remnants which limits the size.  Gather you stuff in the next few days and we can sew from there. (get it? haha)

What do you think?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Task Completed

All 14 are completed.  I contacted the DHS shelter today, and was sew excited when the woman answered the phone and knew exactly what I was speaking about when I said "pillowcase tops or nightgowns"!  They definitely can use them - she asked what time I would be there because she would have someone meet me at the back door!  It will be Friday before I can deliver the tops.  I will get the last 2 pics posted and also give you all the info on the shelter. 

Twelve of Fourteen

Here are 12 of the 14 that are completed. Some need to be pressed, some pics are repeats.   The colors are of a bit off in some of the pics - (you will notice a blue tint to  - I have now learned that it is 'improper lighting')  After I take pics of the last two,  I will combine some of the previous posts showing the close up of the trim, flower, etc.  
Sew for now:

Friday, June 24, 2011

A few more pics

Here are a few more pic - still have more to do but will be attending the Tulsa Swap O Rama Rama so it will be Sun or Mon.  Not for sure on my total count, but I do have to STOP!  I hit the thrift store again on Wed - vowing to NOT buy anymore pillowcases - hmmmmmm - I think I ended up with 5 more.  That has to be it because I only have a few days left to complete them.  I have "fiddled around" trying to get some pics, but I am really having trouble with my camera - sew   - I just stacked them up and started taking pics.  Will caption and details later.  You can see I used the rolled edge on some to the armholes - not quite a heavy at the bias tape.  Enjoy!