Monday, January 25, 2010

Circular Vest

This is cut using the circumference as described in the instructions, the armhole measurement is 4.5" longer than listed in the instructions. The "collar" roll line is in line with the top of the armhole opening. The bindings are not yet sewn. This fabric is a patchwork corduroy and the edges have stretched a bit. The seams of the patchwork are serged, with does not allow the fabric to drape as I had hoped it would. I think a fleece or soft fabric would have a much better drape.


As you can see, I have the front pinned and it overlaps slightly. A button and small loop for a closure, would meet the two front edges. (It looks like the vest pulls across the stomach area - but that is due to the pinning and I have on a couple of layers).








In this view, I have pulled the "collar" up, which allows for more of an overlap in the front.  I like this style the best.    


Now - about this fabric.  The collar is the right side of the fabric with the body being the wrong side.  I am going to pin the complete roll line, press and then cut the circle apart half inch below the pressed line.  I will then sew it back together, right side to wrong side, so the completed vest will have the right side of the fabric for the body and collar.  Yet another reason to use fleece or fabric with no right and wrong side.  (Sheer, knit, etc) 

No comments:

Post a Comment