Friday, April 30, 2010

Table Runner Grocery Tote

Fold short sides together and cut in half.
Clean finish the two cut edges.
Lay out in "t" and top stitch as shown in red.




This is actually the back side of the table runner.  The person I am making it for is not so much a floral person.  I will add another pic of the inside of the bag.  I suppose it is actually reversible - the straps would just be on the inside. 

I did find a difference in the front and back.  The front has fused interfacing, the back had fusible interfacing but was not fused.  The front was crisp and smooth.  The back had a little extra fullness.  The back wrinkles/creases,  but that is ok - I am sure after it is used a couple of times it will be fine.  It will soften after a couple of washings also. 

Sew....  look thru your linens, you never know what treasures you have.  Or how about that table runner that you never use?  Ohh .... something else to look for at the thrift shop.   I will post the rest of the instructions in a few days -( I know you are not ready to start the project).  Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment