Sunday, March 21, 2010

ramblings, rachel bag and felted wool

I looked at the pics for the Rachel Bag and they do not do any justice for the bag - looks pretty sad - actually. You do not see the top that folds over or the top band, etc. My aunt loves the bag - it opens down the back with a zipper. I will have to try and take better pics.


Felting Wool - I was lucky enough to have a neighbor give me a man's black wool dress coat (the moths had gotten to it). Last night I disassembled part of it and did wash and dry - however - I have a front loader machine and just as I thought - it did not work. Sew..... I will take it to a friend’s house that has a top loader washer and wash away. I also have three wool sweaters that I have washed and dried a couple of times and I am beginning to see a difference, and yes, they did shrink some. I will take them along with the black wool and see if I can actually "felt" the wool. Can't say why I am so obsessed with felting wool - just am.

No comments:

Post a Comment