Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Update to "the Bounty" and "the Suitcase" - the fabric is identified!!!

A great big thank you to Glenna Tull Hailey for identifying my fabrics!!  Thank you Glenna!


Hi Cathi-- Just took a look at your pics. Fun stuff! These fabrics are generally from the 30's - 50's. The 6 pointed stars are earlier, probably from the 30's maybe into the 40's. The small squares are definitely later, from the 50's possibly into the 60's. The eight pointed stars with the plaids look 50's to me and the one on the right may be feedsack. The double wedding rings have a wide variety and looks like some feedsack in those. This is not uncommon at all to find these together. People saved their fabric then, just like we do! I have fabric from the 80s, 90s, 2000s in my stash. Quilts are dated from the latest fabric they have in them. I sure hope this helps and if you have any more questions, please get in touch! Thanks so much--- Glenna

No comments:

Post a Comment