Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1 - Another pillowcase challenge

June 1 already - where does all the time go?  Our first project is the Pillowcase top or dress.  These are sew quick to make I am sure you can make two a day - how is that for a challenge?  One of our thrift stores has Senior Day on Wed - all clothing is half price - the store has a few 99 cent days but it excludes current color tags (they always have two "current colors"). I re purpose a lot of clothes into dress up clothing for the little ones in the family - so I was on the hunt today - only found a couple of items for the dress up but I lucked out - they were in the process of marking down a lot of sheets, pillowcases, etc!  Found pillow cases for 45cents each!  Nice cotton pillowcases!  What a find!  As I listen to the news each night, I keep asking myself - what can I do to help?  One story that keeps weighing on me is a father, looking thru the rubble, telling the reporter he was looking for some of his children's clothes - they had nothing to wear! Sew - the pillowcase tops came to mind.  They can be worn as tops, dresses or nightgowns, they are quick to make and I have plenty of ribbons, tapes, trims, etc in my stash that can be used to complete the item. 

My challenge to you is TWO pillowcase tops each!  One day of sewing - ok - maybe a couple of evenings - but that really all the time you will need.  I will let you know in a couple of days who to mail them to.

My cases are in the wash right now - pics will follow later this eve.  Email me if you have any questions or need a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment